Student debt has now surpassed 1 trillion dollars in the US. The high cost of education coupled with a rocky job market means that most students need to defer payments after graduation. How bad is defaulting on student loans? What happens when you just can’t pay them?
Go to to find out how much you could save by switching your mobile service. Get $25 in Ting credit and help support the show!
3 Reasons to Never Default on Your Federal Student Loan
“You went to college for four years and got your degree. If you’re like most Americans, you had to do it with a little help from Uncle Sam in the form of federal student loans.”
Don’t ignore your student loan payments or you’ll risk going into default
“If you don’t make your loan payments, you risk going into default.”
What Happens If I Ignore My Student Loans?
“By some estimates, nearly one in three student loan borrowers in repayment are behind on their payments. Some of those borrowers may be paying as much as they can, when they can, but others may feel their debt is hopeless and are taking the ostrich approach instead.”
Your Federal Student Loans: Learn the Basics and Manage Your Debt
“If you don’t make payments for more than 270 days (except for Perkins Loans), your loan will go into default and your credit rating could suffer. If your credit rating is affected negatively, you may be denied future education or consumer loans, and you may not be able, for example, to obtain a mortgage, rent an apartment, buy a car, or secure employment.”
Should the minimum wage be raised?
TestTube’s new daily show is committed to answering the smart, inquisitive questions we have about life, society, politics and anything else happening in the news. It’s a place where curiosity rules and together we’ll get a clearer understanding of this crazy world we live in.
- Trump Wants To Ban Federal Student Loans Jason Spencer Dallas Texas - January 12, 2018
- Tfw your student loan relief refund comes in Jason-Spencer-Dallas - January 12, 2018
- When the Student Loan Arrvies - January 12, 2018
- 7 Best Credit Tips Ever | Money Management Educator – NewCashView - January 12, 2018
- paid off student loan relief age 31 & moved to Placencia Via San Pedro … Jason-Spencer-Dallas - January 12, 2018
- I paid off $107,000 in student loan reliefs with a simple spreadsheet … - January 11, 2018
- Panel on Growing Concerns Over Student Loan Defaults. #StudentLoan @MsDMcLaughlin - January 10, 2018
- 5 Student Loans Resolutions For 2018 - January 10, 2018
- GIVE ME UR FUCKIN MONEY - January 10, 2018
- me when the student loan relief drops - January 10, 2018